As a vendor, we put so much into making a profit and growing our businesses that we sometimes overlook the little things we can do that will make a “BIG” difference for our growth and our profits. Here are 5 simple things you can do that are guaranteed to increase your bottom line and your business upward progression.
- When you are on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, be sure to like, share, and/or comment on other small business owners’ posts. As a vendor, it makes me feel so wonderful when anyone likes or comment on my business posts! If I find that they have a small business, I want to immediately reciprocate the kindness.
- Instead of asking for a discount when buying from other small businesses, pay the full the price AND give them a tip.You will get it back plus some! Yes, I believe that people reap what they sow.
- Give a glowing review or referral for small businesses you yourself do business with. Whenever someone refers others to my business, I put positive thoughts about them into the universe, and that puts them on the forefront of my mind for referring others to their business. Do you see where I’m going with this?
- Give extras or samples with your sales. I used to sell Mary Kay, and I always increased my sales by giving samples. My customers would sometimes immediately contact me just to purchase more of the products I gave them as samples.
- When someone makes a purchase from you, follow up with a thank you message or email. The more you give, the more you receive. Your gratitude increases your business altitude.
Try these tips and watch for the big difference I am sure you will see!
Mrs. K. B. Taylor